- Standard engineering - an extensive document covers most applications for rafter loading, wind and seismic conditions.
- Special engineering - specific data is available for loads or connections outside standard parameters.
- Stamps - Westview's engineer is nationally certified and maintains stamps in many states. Additional stamps can be secured with sufficient time allowed.
- Peripheral engineering - Westview declines to be involved in engineering beyond the structure it manufactures.
- Costs - the savings to the client can be considerable with the engineering already in place for both standard and special applications.
- Douglas Fir glue-laminated, 2400 psi fiber stress
- Clear, hand select grade OR Premium (tight-knot) grade
- Port Orford Cedar glue-laminated, 2200 psi fiber stress
- Certified laminator
- Wood Treatment
- Light coat of oil-base clear wood sealer. Protects wood during shipment and installation. Final stain/paint by others.
- Beam Sizing
- 3 1/8" or 5 1/8" widths, various depths to accommodate load requirements
- Planing and sanding reduces finish size by approximately 1/8
- Connection Materials
- Bolts, zinc plated, sizing varies
- Screws, zinc plated, sizing varies
- Plates, galvanized or painted steel, size and thickness required by engineering.
- Exposure, no interior/exterior exposure
- ASTM E330-02, Standard Test Method of Structural Performance of Exterior Windows, Curtain Walls and Doors by Uniform Static Air Pressure Difference.
- Result: No damage after Positive and Negative 75.0 psf
- These results are equivalent to a Performance Class of DP50.